The Human Rights Watch Film Festival bears witness to human rights violations and creates a forum for courageous individuals on both sides of the lens to empower audiences with the knowledge that personal commitment can make a difference. The film festival brings to life human rights abuses through storytelling in a way that challenges each individual to empathize and demand justice for all people.
Each year highlights from our London and New York festivals are presented in our Traveling Film Festival. The film lineup for the 2013-2014 HRW Traveling Festival will be announced in early July 2013.
Please note that the traveling festival is only available in the US and Canada at this time.
If you are interested in licensing the traveling festival.
* You can select from a minimum of three titles to a maximum of all the titles at a cost of $300 per title.
* You can screen each title twice. You can screen certain titles more than twice, but we must request special permission for these additional screenings.
* You can license the package for the duration of a week up to a semester.
* You can screen on Digibeta or DVD - depending on availability.
* You must pay one way shipping - be it to the next site or back to HRW.
* The festival books on a rolling basis. Dates and films are not confirmed until you have signed and returned your traveling festival contract. Payment is not expected until 30 days after your final screening.
* Titles NOT listed as part of our traveling festival title list are not available through HRW. One must contact the distributor or filmmaker directly for all other titles on our site. Equally, if one screens a film from our traveling festival list without permission (i.e. a contract) - it is in violation of our licensing agreements.
* Human Rights Watch provides support materials for all the films. These items include: information on Human Rights Watch's work, images and press kits for the films, and preview DVDs.
If you would like more information or would like to make a booking, please contact Jennifer Nedbalsky on 212-216-1247 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.